Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Food, Glorious Food!



Just thought I'd share a little something Reagan and I did this afternoon. It's getting to be essay deadline time after Halloween, and both of us were feeling overworked, sleep-deprived and daunted by the amount of work ahead of us (Note to self: when you start actually using the antiquated expletives you stick in Tus Salus Fidelium, it's time for your friends to gently prise your hands from the keyboard and from the Medieval Literature essay - lest you unwittingly submit a chapter of fanfiction to your school tutor, and then post an academic essay on medieval sexuality on FF.net.)


So, we made Lemon Bars! Sent to us by the ever-lovely Megan - thanks, buddy! Although at first we were a little hesitant (being confused as concussed ducklings when it comes to food), the yumminess of the recipe soon converted us - and one shopping trip and a few doodles later, came up with this-

Yummy! Though at first I was terrified I'd got it wrong because the measuring system is different and we took the Victor Frankenstein 'let's guess and then pull the switch' attitude - that sums up all our cooking ability. But it was absolutely gorgeous, and reminded me of the way my granny's lemon drizzle cake should have turned out when she made it! Shame my family wasn't there - I'll make them some more when I go home at the end of this week. Since the Plastic-Tray Melting Incident of 2002, my parents have looked faintly askance at anything made by me. Hmm, wonder why? Anyway, here's a picture of me with the Lemon Bars, just in case you're wondering whether I've sneaked a picture off the Internet...
Hmm...that washing-up liquid wasn't an ingredient, I swear. Reagan and I devoured half of it before wondering whether our flatmates would maybe like some of it...
So, a belated thank YOU , Megan, for providing such a delicious set of recipes! Mockdonald Muffin, I think, for my next assignment...

No comments: